Thursday, June 14, 2018

YIKES: A Conservative Author's Worst Nightmare


By Linda L Barton

I was sipping my morning coffee and watching Fox News when my hubby turned to me with a frightening idea. They were showing Former F.B.I. director James Comey pimping his book, A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership in a Barnes & Noble bookstore. My husband, who I must say has a sharp, and sometimes cruel sense of humor said to me, “How would you feel if one of YOUR books was sitting on the bookstore shelf between Comey’s and Hillary Clinton’s books?”

I just admit my first response was bone-chilling HORROR!! For those of you who don’t know I’m a published author. As any author knows, we dream of our books sitting on the shelves beside famous authors, BUT the thought I’d have one of mine trapped between those two works of FICTION hyper-babble, made my stomach turn. I mean, NO ONE would ever see my book!


With the initial surprising sales of Comey’s little love-fest with himself, I’m sure as the facts of his actions while at the FBI come to light, his sales will tank like Hillary’s have in her rambling last book, What Happened. Heck, I even saw a picture the other day where her book has been discounted 30% and was listed as FICTION. I’m sure Comey’s little piece of work will enjoy such treatment in the now so distant future.


I also have a question for her publisher. Where is the question mark after HAPPENED in the title??? Okay, I feel better now. That has been bugging the heck out of me and it had to be said… snicker.

So, there you have it my fellow Deplorables. You now know a Conservative Author’s WORST nightmare. I just hope I can put that frightening image out of my mind.


Please share this post, AND you'll make me smile is you follow my blog.  I’d also LOVE to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment