Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9-11: A Day to Remember

By Linda L Barton

I wanted to share a Podcast I recorded for my Deadly Reads Radio YouTube Channel.

The events of that day 16 years ago touched the lives and hearts of all Americans. We, here at Deadly Reads Radio, share our thoughts and where we were on the day that forever changed our country. Some may find our words offensive because we do not adhere to the rules of Political Correctness. Opinions are our own and were spoken from our hearts.

I was someone’s mother, sister, wife, daughter.
Don’t forget me.
I was someone’s father, brother, husband, and son.
We went to the towers that day
not expecting what was headed our way.
Some of us died instantly when that plane
crashed into the World Trade Center.
Death toyed with our lives, but, at least,
some of us were able to say our last good byes.
When 9/11 comes round again, hear my plea.
Please, don’t forget those who died, please don’t forget me.
Written by Lisa Vandiver

No comments:

Post a Comment